The program 2017
5. júlí Camerarctica. Playful – flashing summertrios.
Colourful trios for clarinet, violin and piano where different styles of music from the inter-wars years will be at the forefront. Influences stem from French cafe music, jazz, Armenian folk music, Argentinian tango and Klezmer. Trio Camerarctica consists of Ármann Helgason clarinet, Hildigunnur Halldórsdóttir violin og Ingunn Hildur Hauksdóttir piano.
12. júlí Icewegian. Hot Icelandic – Norwegian jazz.
Icewegian is an Icelandic-Norwegian band that has been active for the past five years. The members are Icelanders Sigurður Flosason on saxophone and Andrés Þór Gunnlaugsson on guitar together with Norwegians Per Mathisen on bass and Rolv-Olav Eide on drums. The band plays original music by all its members.
19. júlí Sigrún Magna Þórsteinsdóttir. Women and the organ.
Organ music by female composers from the last few hundred years, different styles, large compositions and smaller ones, touching and poetic but also playful and dramatic.
26. júlí Þóra Einarsdóttir, Björn Ingibergsson and Svanur Vilbergsson. Ode to the Music. Well known Lieders and Songs accompanied by a classical guitar.
Classical song concert accompanied with a classical guitar. The program consists of compositions by Schubert, Händel and Sor. The performers are Þóra Einarsdóttir soprano, Björn Ingibergsson tenor and Svanur Vilbergsson guitar.
2. ágúst Duo Atlantica. Mine is Yours.
A celebration of the timeless jewels that have been passed on from generation to generation, this recital offers beloved folk songs from three countries that are all connected by the Atlantic Ocean: Iceland, Ireland and Spain.
9. ágúst Einar Bragi og Jón Hilmar and band. Homebrew.
The guitarist Jón Hilmar and saxophone player Einar Bragi with their band will play their own music as well as some of their favourite numbers. A diverse and interesting concert where East Iceland’s music will be honoured.